YOSHIHIRO- Blue Steel Hongasumi Usuba Chef Vegetable Knife 8.25″ 210mm – MADE IN JAPAN
- List Price:
- Sale Price: $299.99
- Amount Saved: $40.00
- Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Grade: Hongasumi / Knife Type: Usuba Knife
- Steel Type: Ao ko (blue steel #2) High-Carbon Steel
- Blade: Single-Edged/ Blade Length: 8.25" (210mm)
- BOLSTER: Water Buffalo Horn (BOLSTER COLOR -VARIES) / Handle Material: Octagon Shaped Japanese Magnolia
- Hardness Rockwell C scale: 62-63
Although traditional Japanese carbon steel knives are not stainless, with proper care they can provide years of enjoyment. Keeping dry in between usage, and applying "Tsubaki Oil"(as included) before storage will keep your knife in tip top shape.
Japanese knives should always be sharpened and honed on premium quality Japanese water stones. A good quality Japanese water stone not only is the best surface to sharpen and maintain the blade of your knife, but it is also the best tool to preserve and take care of the high quality steel that it is made of.
- ASIN: B003X94JNE
- Item model number: HKUS21ED
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews